We know that parents driving their children to and from school are often in a hurry. Please help us keep all children safe by observing the following safety tips:
- Let your child out only where he/she will have direct access to the curb area (passenger side of the car).
- Encourage your child to exit or enter quickly so that others behind you may let their children off at the curb as well.
- Driver should remain inside the car- never leave your car unattended.
- If your child needs assistance getting to the classroom, please park in a regular space and accompany your child. Allow a few extra minutes to avoid the rush.
- Do not drop students off or pick students up behind the perpendicular parked cars in the Louis Road parking area.
- Be aware of bicycle riders when pulling out of drop off and pick up zones.
- Do not park in or block the fire lane or driveway by room 15 at any time.
- Do not double park and do not block access to the designated bus stop areas (red painted curbs) or neighbors’ driveway access in the front or back of school.
- On rainy days the drop-off/pick-up area is especially congested. Please allow extra time.
- Do not make U-turns in front of the school on Louis Road or on Rorke Way. They are illegal during drop-off and pick-up times.
Need to report traffic concerns to Palo Alto Police? Please download the PaloAlto311 app. To make a report, go to “New Request” – “Streets and Roadways” – “Traffic congestion or traffic safety concern”
Questions? Please stop by the office to let us know!